Sailing and Marine Resume
Current Licenses and Certifications
- USCG Licensed Captain, 100 ton, w/sailing and towing endorsements, 18
- Certified Marine Surveyor, U.S. Surveyors, 1998.
- ASA Certified Instructor, 101 thru 105 Navigation, 2000.
- SCUBA Certified, PADI, 1997
- Licensed Professional Engineer, 1969
- Skippered charter cruises and ASA instructor on DULCINEA, a 1986 Hunter
45 Legend. California, Mexico.
- Owner, Captain, Shellback Yacht Cruises and Balboa Sailing
- Captain, Fun Zone Boat Company, Harbor cruises on Queen, Belle and Tiki.
- Boat deliveries for D'Anna, Olivatt, Heritage Yacht Sales
and private owners. Mexico and Calif.
- ASA Sailing instructor, owner, Balboa Sailing Academy.
- Marine Surveys.
- Twenty-one years sailing on inland and coastal waters. Includes
bareboat charter skipper in Greek and Turkish waters, 1993, 1994. Speak Greek.
- Crewed on ALASKA EAGLE, Papeete to Honolulu. 1995, w/Captains Crow.
- Skippered Newport/Ensenada Race vessels, 1996-2006.
- Charter Cruise Captain and ASA 101-105 Instructor: Channel Islands and
C.I. Harbor, 1999. Catalina Island, Ensenada, Newport Harbor and coastal, 2000-2008.
- Delivery captain, Mexico and Calif., sail and power, twin-screw, 2000-2008.
- Harbor cruise captain, 2000-2006.
- Managed tugboat and towing operations in South Louisiana, 1963-1964.
- Managed shipping and marine operations, Greece, Nigeria, 1966-1969.
- Captains Richard and Sherry Crow, Orange Coast College, School of Sailing
and seamanship. phone (949) 645-9412
- Capt. MaryJane Parks, phone (626) 568-0798
- Capt. Don Ross, Heritage Yacht Sales, phone (949) 673-3354
- Capt. John Packard, Pilot Boat Capt., Port of LA, 714
- Mr. Willem Weisner, owner, Capt. Charles Maas, Manager, Fun Zone
Boat Company, phone (949) 673-0240.
- Capt. Wade White, (760) 365-0901
- Charter clients and students, on request.
Click Image for Larger View
For Additional Information, Please call (949)
You can download a printable copy of this resume in PDF format.
Click HERE to Download in PDF
Click here to download in Word Document
Forms in the .PDF format require that you download the
Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Acrobat reader you can download this FREE reader
from the Adobe website by clicking the image below.